Thursday, April 12, 2012

Want to be buried in the bacon coffin? Start eating and inhaling bacon!

Ok, I know it's still April but this is not, I repeat, NOT an April fool's joke from my side. I feel obliged to apologize on behalf of humanity, folks.


This is the bacon casket. What's ironic about it is that eating - even inhaling the smell of fried bacon - might speed up the need for this fine piece of wood. Is that what R.I.P really means, Rest In Pork?

"Do you love bacon to death? Is your dying wish is to be buried in bacon?
The local company behind Bacon Salt and Baconnaise are making it happen.
J&D’s Foods has created the Bacon Coffin, what they call the world’s first bacon-wrapped casket. “Yes, this is really real,” wrote J&D owners Justin and Dave in a press release. “Bacon Coffins are finished with a painted Bacon and Pork shading and accented with gold stationary handles. The interior has an adjustable bed and mattress, a bacon memorial tube and is completed in ivory crepe coffin linens.”

The Bacon Coffins are available for $2,999.95 plus shipping. 
In the email announcing the Bacon Coffin, Justin and Dave added, “Don’t you judge us, after baconlube (bacon flavored personal lubricant), we all knew it was just going to keep getting weirder.  And yeah, your (sic) right we’re probably going to hell for this one.” Weekly World News

I wonder how many has been sold. No wonder my dog loves to take a walk around the cemetary. So what was I talking about earlier, can the smell of bacon actually boost the cancer risk? Yes. It can. If the smell by itself can get you killed, it seems like a good idea to eat something else for dinner. Let's see:


I've never tried vegan bacon strips, but I know there are plenty products available. If someone has, please give a review of this culinary experience in the comment field.

7 comments:

  1. This is.. kind of lame, but also kind of awesome at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psh lol wow neat idea atleast

    ReplyDelete
  3. rest in pork :D nice...and bacon is pure cancer in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently they don't ship baconnaise to Canada. Makes me mad, I'd kill for a jar of the stuff. :\

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite it is supposed to look like bacon, this coffin is really ugly. Looks like camouflage to hide in hell :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you can have just about anything made these days. I wonder what they will add bacon to next. Iv already tried bacon flavored popcorn but i wouldn't want to be buried in that coffin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK im going to get me one of these hmmm maybe not no not ever im being fed to pigs if I can that way they can get some revenge on me its only fair :)

    ReplyDelete